Arbtirary thoughts on nearly everything from a modernist poet, structural mathematician and functional programmer.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Euler and Haskell

I just started learning Haskell, which is a fun, and slightly ridiculous language-- it seems to be what happens when you let mathematicians design a programming language without supervision: It's too clever and uses way too much graduate level theory. Any language which makes frequent use of monads, functors and has a wikibook describing its relation to category theory is the result of an evil genius (or several, to be precise).

Anyway, I'm using Project Euler to learn it, at Anne's polite not-actually-a- suggestion. Which is to say, she brought up Project Euler, and I said "Oh! I can learn Haskell!" It's working rather well, and I recommend it.

No comments:

Creative Commons License Cory Knapp.